One Study Two Degrees
Academic Cooperation Program between UKM-UDE & UI – UDE
The faculties of engineering of University of Duisburg-Essen (UDE) in Germany, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM) and Universitas Indonesia (UI) collaborate since year 2000.
As part of this collaboration, the three partners offer double degree programs in various fields of engineering. The Double Degree Program is offered to Bachelor students from UKM and Bachelor and Master Students from UI who want to do their final year at UDE.
Upon completion, the students will graduate with two degree certificates; one from both partner universities. Interested students from UKM/UI have to apply for the program and pass a selection procedure.
Applications are possible for outstanding students from the following ISE-degree courses:
Double Degree Programs between UKM-UDE:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science and Communications Engineering
- B.Sc. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering
Double Degree Programs between UI-UDE:
- B.Sc. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (FTUI International Program)
- B.Sc. in Metallurgy & Material Engineering (FTUI International Program – Open start Winter Semester 2018)
- M.Sc. in Metallurgy and Metal Forming
Double Degree for Bachelor:
Engineering students from the respective programs, who have finished 3 years or 6 consecutive semesters with a CGPA of at least 3.0 and above. Second year of Bachelor Engineering Students may apply at the end of their 4th September. Double Degree Bachelor Student should finish with internship program of min. 13 weeks in the home country before departure to Germany.
Double Degree for Master:
Engineering students from the respective programs, who have finished 1 year or 2 consecutive semesters with a CGPA of at least 3.0 and above.
Master: Interested Master students from UI should have a bachelor degree from a reputable university for one of the respective programs, with a CGPA of at least 3.0 and above.
- German language proficiency Level B1: Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- English language proficiency minimum TOEFL 79 (IBT), 550 (paper based), 173 (computer based) or equivalent.
For more information, please download the UKM-UDE DD program brochure here or contact Mercator Office to get in touch with our student advisor!